2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 We collect personal information when you:
- interact with us through the phone, in person or via email and you provide us your details;
- purchase or subscribe to our products or services (e.g. by making a booking to use the Gold Coast Business Hub);
- become a member of the Gold Coast Business Hub;
- subscribe to our mailing list; or
- apply for a position at our Business or you make supplies to us.
2.2 We collect personal information to:
- improve our products and services;
- provide our product or service to you;
- communicate with you;
- offer you promotional products or market our products that you are interested in;
- keep our customer database;
- investigate any complaints that you make;
- investigate whether you are in breach of our terms and conditions;
- verify your identity;
- notify you of vacant positions if you applied for jobs at our Business;
- comply with the law or to use your information as permitted under the law; and 1for purposes that are related to the above.
2.3 We collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- your contact details that may include your name, business name, postal address, email address, fax number and phone number;
- details of your dealings with us including your bookings to use the Gold Coast Business Hub;
- optional personal information that you consent to provide; and
- optional surveys that provide personal information including whether you like our Business or Website and what you like or do not like; and
2.4 We will collect your personal information using only fair and lawful means.
2.5 We do not store credit card details as we use payment gateways and/or a third party processor.
2.6 If we receive unsolicited personal information, we may destroy it or ensure that it is de-identified if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
3.1 We may, from time to time, use ‘cookies’ which are small data files placed on your computer or device to store information.
- authentication cookies that monitor whether you are logged in or not;
- session cookies that allow you to remain logged in and keep track of your activities until the browser shuts down;
- persistent cookies that help us monitor our services by recording your browser activities and they do not expire upon browser shut down; and
- flash cookies to personalise your experience using Adobe Flash ©.
- improving our performance by reporting any errors that occur;
- providing statistics about how the Website is used;
- remembering settings that you have used on our Website; and
- identifying whether you are logged in to the Website.
3.4 Please note that although cookies do not generally store personal information, they may contain your IP address. However, you are effectively anonymous to us because the data are collected in aggregate.
4.1 All credit card transactions are implemented under industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption.
4.2 For credit card transactions we use a third party processor (e.g. our Bank) and/or payment gateway (e.g. eWay) that we may change from time to time so that:
- payments are processed in real time; and
- we do not have access to your credit card numbers.
4.3 We use a database management system to store most of the personal information and it contains security features, such as encryption, firewall and anti-virus, to ensure the protection and integrity of our data.
5. Anonymity and Pseudonymity
5.1 You may interact anonymously or by using a pseudonym, for example when you:
- call us; or
- use our online forums that do not require membership.
5.2 You must provide your personal information when you:
- make a booking for the Gold Coast Business Hub;
- sign up for a mailing list;
- lodge a complaint; and
- are required to provide personal information under the law.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 We disclose your personal information only for purposes that are reasonably related to our Business.
6.2 We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for payment, profit or advantage.
6.3 We may disclose your personal information to third parties from time to time, to assist us in conducting our Business, including:
- technology service providers including internet service providers or cloud service providers;
- data processors that analyse our website traffic or usage for us;
- agents that perform functions on our behalf, such as mailouts, debt collection, marketing or advertising; and
- as required under the law.
6.4 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- to improve our Business, services, products and Website;
- to customise and promote our services which may be of interest to you;
- to comply with or as permitted under the law; or
- with your consent.
6.5 We do not host any of our services or software overseas. We are not aware of any data or information we store in any country other than Australia.
7. Direct Marketing to You
7.1 We will not send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages in contravention of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
7.2 We may use the non-sensitive information you give us for the purpose of promoting and marketing our Business to you if we:
- use the information that you should reasonably expect us to use for promoting and marketing our Business to you; and
- provide you a simple method to opt-out.
7.3 We will not contact you to promote or market our Business if you request us not to.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Accessing Your Personal Information
8.1 You may request access to your personal information that we hold and we will:
- verify your identity;
- charge you to cover the cost of meeting your request, if any, but not for the request itself; and
- within a reasonable period of time, comply with your request.
8.2 We may refuse to allow you to access your personal information if we are not required to do so under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Correcting Your Information
8.3 You may request to correct your personal information that we hold and we will update your personal information so that it is up-to-date, accurate, complete, relevant and not misleading.
8.4 Members of our Website may change their details online.
How to Contact Us
8.5 If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us using any of the contact details available from our website.
9.1 If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Australian Privacy Principles Code, you may lodge a complaint as follows:
First, contact us in writing to the email or postal address referred to in clause 8.5 and include the following in your complaint:
- your contact details;
- section or provision of the Australian Privacy Principles or Code that you believe we breached; and
- our practice or policy that you believe breaches the relevant Australian Privacy Principle or Code,
Secondly, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if, after allowing us a reasonable time to respond, either:
- you are not satisfied with our response; or
- we have not responded to you within a reasonable time.
10. Definitions and Interpretation
10.1 Unless contrary intention appears:
- Australian Privacy Principles means the principles under the Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Business means Gold Coast Business Hub.
- sensitive informationmeans sensitive information as defined under Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- personal informationmeans personal information as defined under Privacy Act 1988(Cth).
- You (whether in capitals or not) means the user of our Website and Your and Yours have corresponding meanings.
- We (whether in capitals or not) means Maylake Pty Ltd ACN 079 515 923 and Us and Ours have corresponding meanings.
- Website means Gold Coast Business Hub websites site at goldcoastbusinesshub.com.au and gcbh.com.au and their sub-domains.